Life Rules (so far)
Over the past two years I’ve been working to identify what would make my life, my existence as a human less encumbered. Here’s what I have so far:
- No judgement. I’ll do me, you do you. Life is too short for the negativity and toxicity that stems from judgement.
- Do no intentional harm. Strive to positively impact the world around us. This a modification of the Golden Rule, I think.
- If rule two isn’t followed, then rule one will be void.
- Always carry an extra battery and an extra memory card. Life favors the prepared.
- Stop whatever you’re doing and take five at a new milestone. Changing climbing leads? Take five a do a safety check. New part of the trail? Take five and consult your bearing. New life choice? Take five to do one last consideration of all the options.
- Remember the Velveteen Rabbit: life is meant to be lived. “Generally, by the time you are Real, most of your hair has been loved off, and your eyes drop out and you get loose in the joints and very shabby. But these things don’t matter at all, because once you are Real, you can’t be ugly, except to people who don’t understand.”